NOW AVAILABLE! Highly innovative, patented, Thinktank Waterless Composting Toilets. A major advancement in composting toilet technology.
Thinktank Waterless Toilets™ have numerous advantages.
- MUCH EASIER TO CLEAN! Most waterless and composting toilets have a bowl, with a small trap door for solid waste. A mess results, every time. The Thinktank Waterless Composting toilet utilizes a large chute, with vertical walls. It needs far less cleaning.
- Thinktank Waterless Composting Toilets are virtually airtight under normal operating conditions! They draw ventilation from outside – in contrast to other toilets which draw ventilation air from the bathroom area. With other toilets, you are rapidly blowing expensively heated or cooled air outside. The Thintank Waterless Composting Toilet, through its patented airtight design, draws all ventilation air from outside, circulates it through the toilet, and exhausts the same air outside. This saves a great deal of money over time, is far more efficient, and environmentally friendly.
- Because the toilet is tightly sealed, ingress by insects is virtually impossible. This solves a major problem with other waterless and composting toilets.
- The patented trap door design allows men to stand when urinating – in contrast to other toilets where men must sit.
- The patented trap door conceals the waste at all times except when going #2. Only then is the trap door opened. At all other times the trap door remains closed, waste is hidden, and people can pee anywhere in the bowl without having to aim.
- The opening for solid waste is HUGE, with vertical sides. This overcomes most of the unpleasant clean up associated with many other waterless and / or composting toilets. With other toilets, waste can hit the sides of the bowl, making a mess. With the Thinktank, very little waste will hit the sides, and clean up is easier.
- Thinktank Waterless Composting Toilets use the best fans in the world. They have exceptional output (high cubic feet per minute rating), powerful static pressure (strength of airflow rating), are very quiet, draw low power, and have an incredibly long life (rated at 150,000 hours). Two fans are provided – one for the air intake and one for exhaust. However, in most installations the intake fan will be unnecessary and you can keep it as a spare. The intake fan is useful for very long runs of vent pipe. The toilets are designed for these fans to be easily accessible and removable.
- All metal parts are high quality marine grade stainless steel.
- The Thinktank Waterless Composting Toilet is incredibly strong. The shell is rotationally molded like a white water kayak. This is the strongest possible way to build something in plastic. Rated at 350lbs plus. Big guy approved!
- Thinktank Waterless Composting Toilet works on either 12 volt (a deep cycle 12 volt battery) or 110 volt power (normal household electricity) with the supplied wall transformer.
- The urine drain pipe can be switched to either side with basic hand tools.
- Uses inexpensive, widely available compostable bags.
- BEST WARRANTY IN THE INDUSTRY. The toilet is covered for 6 years. (3 years on fans. Fans are inexpensive and easy to replace).
Basic installation overview video:
Submit your review
I love this toilet. We vented out the wall and the pipes are hidden. So much better than having ugly pipes or vent hose in the bathroom. I appreciate being able to stand (I am a male). The customer service was amazing as well. They spent a lot of time with me prior to my decision to buy.
I’ve owned several composting and waterless toilets, and this is the best yet. First, it is built like a tank. No way this is ever breaking. Second, I’m not blowing cool air (air conditioned) outside all summer, as I was with other toilets. Third, it works 100% odor free. Fourth, the company owner actually picked up the phone and answered all my questions for about 20 minutes. I’m very impressed. It's a bit more expensive than the competing urine separating toilets, but the quality and design are much better.
We researched composting toilets 10 years ago and weren’t pleased with the options available at that time. Expensive, poorly designed. We had a portolet on the property for 9 years and decided recently to give composting another look. Glad we did! We were going to buy a different composting toilet but noticed a link to the Thinktank toilet. For us cleaning/scraping a beater bar or macerator was just not something we were interested in doing. We LOVE our new toilet!! We’re off grid, solar power only, that option with this toilet was perfect for us. We installed it with it’s own 18ah battery with a 50 watt solar panel, dedicated to the toilet. Absolutely no odors. Our place is 228 sq.ft. Odors can accumulate quickly but not from this toilet. It came with literally everything needed to install in several configurations. Took very little time to get it up and running. Extra bonus, we have saved $96 a month, no portolet fees. The toilet will have paid for itself in a about a year. Bags are available anywhere.
The toilet is very well made and heavy duty. I like the fact that I can stand, unlike our previous urine diverting toilet. There is no odor. Amazing customer service.
The design, manufacturing and performance of my ThinkTank toilet are outstanding, and when it comes to equipment selection and purchasing, I'm not very easy to please.
The most crucial aspect of the design is how the unit draws it's ventilation air from outside the dwelling, which eliminates the possibility of other fans in the house overriding the toilet's fan(s) thus creating a backdraft of fouled air into the living space.
This is of paramount importance for indoor air quality, especially in a tiny cabin such as mine.
The ThinkTank Waterless Toilet is clearly the best equipment choice for the task.
Also, Richard is easily accessible by telephone, and happily answered all my questions regarding the product and the installation.
We've installed and used a few composting toilets over the years, but this one really stands out. I like the fact that I am not blowing heated air out of my tiny house 24/7 at 20 cubic feet per minute!! The intake vent is a great idea. It's built like a rock, and my guests can't screw it up because guys can stand to pee.
We have been using this toilet for 5 months now. It really is as described - no odor and easy to use. I like that we could hide the vent pipes behind the toilet. It is super important that men can stand. Men want to stand and this is the only urine diverting toilet that allows that. It looks great. Richard was super patient and helpful.
Our previous waterless toilet would stink when we had a shower and turned on the bathroom fan. Not this one! Works as advertised. It's nice not to have to sit down to pee!
This is a very nice, clean design. Exactly as claimed. No smell. It’s not over powered by our range hood fan, like our previous compost toilet. I’m happy not to be blowing warm air out of the bathroom anymore. Good customer service. Rare to get a knowledgeable person on the phone these days.
The installation instructions were very detailed, which was good. It took a few hours, but all went smoothly. We have had it 2 weeks and it is working fine. It's very quiet, and seems well made.